Gas Compression, Heavy Duty Mechanic Shop/Field
Kinetec Mechanical Services is accepting resumes for an EXPERIENCED Red Seal Journeyman/Journeywoman Heavy Equipment Technician for a safety-sensitive position in Drumheller, Alberta that is motivated, committed and wants to grow with us.
An excellent HET will be:
- Able to understand equipment systems to effectively and efficiently determine the necessary route for repairs
- Highly motivated and self-driven to do their best work every day
- Experienced, competent and able to repair, troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul and maintain mobile heavy duty equipment
- An enthusiastic team player
- Able to accept learning opportunities to continually develop themselves professionally and personally
- A technician that strives to provide the highest levels of service and quality of work with Kinetec Mechanical Services best interest at the forefront of all tasks
The person in this position will be expected to work 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Rotating schedules may vary based upon worksite(s) placed at. Most days will start at 7 am. On-Call rotation will be required.
In pursuing a career with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages
- Accommodations - When on the road
- Positive team environment
- Current tooling and equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Safety training
- Advancement opportunities
- Check dozers, haul trucks, excavators and other heavy construction and mining equipment for proper performance
- Check on road, off road hi-way transport trucks - prep for CVIP inspection/Complete CVIP Inspections in house
- Inspect equipment for defects and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required - Parts sourcing/ordering may be required
- Repair and replace defective parts, components and/or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and that it meets or exceeds manufacturer's specifications
- 8 hour Monday to Friday with overtime and paid on-call rotation
What We Need From YOU:
- A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work
- Experience working with large construction and open pit mining equipment, commercial Transport considered assets
- Experience in diagnostics with CAT, Komatsu, John Deere , Cummins ( power systems) Hitachi
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical skills
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Shop and/or field work experience
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Collaborative communication style
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A complete set of mechanics tools up to 3/4" drive
- May be required to don a respirator for certain tasks
- The ability to work in a remote location - As required
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU may be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of a Class 5 Driver's License - may require a drivers abstract
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result - only required if you are being hired to work directly for a customer of ours
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications
Please Note: Employment isconditional upon successfully meeting ALL of the hiring requirements.
Helping you Move the Earth, Oil and Gas, Electricity and Commercial goods! Kinetec is a newly formed mechanical services provider that repairs products and provides rental services to the following:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
- Gas Compression
- Oil and Gas Plant Service and Repair
- Commercial Transport
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Kinetec you join our family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews. Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
Full time guarantee of 40 hours per week